Sunday, June 30, 2024

Mid Year Reading Update// Sunday Post #69


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly from 
The Caffeinated Book Reviewer.


Today's post was going to be an recap of the previous week, but there was an VERY unexected death in my family today and I am just still trying to process it because it is so hard to believe. So instead, I am going to do something that is easy and about books. Everyone on Youtube is doing their Mid Year freakout tags, and since I am on my youtube hiatus I will be doing mine on here.

Also today is my brother's birthday and my best friend's birthday. My brother wont be having a good one because of the death in the family.

The creators of the tag are linked down below. This is their YouTube channels.


creators of the tag ‪@IsThatChami‬ & ‪@EarlGreyBooks‬


 How is your reading going? It's going ok. I have read 43 books this year.

Best book you’ve read so far in 2023. So hard to choose between these two



Best sequel you've read so far in 2023. I am on my Bridgerton kick sooo.....


Favourite re-read. I am in the middle of my only re-read this year and that is Percy Jackson and the Lighting Thief
Genre you've been loving/reading the most. I am in my romance era
New release you haven't read yet, but want to. This is currently on hold and waiting for me to pick up from my library

Most anticipated release for the second half of the year. I did a top ten tuesday post I think last week on my anticipated releases.
Biggest disappointment. Spaceman in Bohemia by Jaroslav Kalfar
Biggest surprise. Where David Threw Stones by Elyse Hoffman
Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you) Lucy Score, Kate Quinn, Kimberly Lemming
Newest favourite character. Cinnamon from That Time I Got Drunk and Saved A Demon
Book that made you cry. Smoke by Ellen Hopkins
Book that made you happy. The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn
Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received) Pretend You're Mine by Lucy Score. The color gradiant of the pink and yellow makes me swoon. I am obsessed.

What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
Again, I posted a summer reading challenge post for Top Ten Tuesday and if I don't get to most of those books by the end of summer, then I definitely want to read them by the end of the year.
Favourite video or post you've done so far this year. I don't have a favorite post of the year. I enjoy doing the top ten Tuesday posts.

1 comment:

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...