I have finally tackled this chonking beast! It took me two weeks reading with my eyes while listening to it on audio at 2.3 times speed. I gave it a 3 out of 5 stars and enjoyed most of it besides the racial slurs and slavery. I remember growing up and my grandma always watching the movie and then in school learning that it was a book. Thankfully I didn't have to read this in school because I would have failed immediately.
I feel that this is a pretty well known story. It's about Scarlett O'Hara and she grows up during the civil war and she is from a well known family. What I didn't know is that the whole book she would be pining for one man till the very end. She gets married three different times which was frowned upon back in the old days and she does not give a flying fuck what anyone thinks of her. She secretly care what those closest to her think, but overall she was a self centered brat. The one thing that I applaud her on was getting into business with her two lumber mills because she refused to rely on her second husband to keep her fed because he refused to get his money from people who owed him.

No comments:
Post a Comment