Sunday, January 5, 2025

HAPPY NEW YEAR// Sunday Post #73

 


 The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly from The Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

This week has been a long but good relaxing one. My hubby had to go back to work this week and it was dead. He didn't have anything to do, so that meant sitting in the office and cleaning his part of the warehouse. 

I have been reading my stack of library books and I have already finished two books so far for the new year.




Besides reading, we have been gearing up and getting ready for the second half of the school year. I homeschool my kids and we are counting down the days till May 9th, which is our 180th day. But we are looking forward to some special days coming up next month. We are especially looking forward to the new Captain America movie coming out next month. 

On Friday, we went to the zoo because they do free fridays in the months of January and February and we took advantage because we had not been since December 2023. We finally got to see the Giant Pacific Octopus that had been delayed and she is a stunner. She was asleep when we got to see her but she was massive. We got to the zoo just an hour before closing time and all of the animals were either napping or running to their doors to be let back in. It was also a very windy day. 





We also have a new cat that is hanging around outside. He has been wandering the neighborhood and it actually scared my uncle and made him think that my indoor cat got out. My husband got him to come to us and we fed him and apparently that was the way to his heart because we are his now...lol. 

When we first got a good look at him while he was eating we noticed his eyes and right away, I named him. 



His name is Raymond. If any of yall have played Animal Crossing: New Horizons then you know the cat with the Heterochromia eyes. His is my favorite villager and the name stuck because everytime we say it, he comes running. We say anything else, he stays put. 

He has not come into the house because he is not fixed and I do not want him spraying, so if he sticks around he will be getting fixed during our spring break in March. Until then, we have set up a little cozy and warm area for him in our shop because the temps are going to be below freezing all this week. 

Hope everyone has a good week ahead. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm happy you had a good the at the zoo, the cat is beautiful!
    https://getlostinlit.blogspot.com/2025/01/new-years-post.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raymond seems like a smart cat! Hope you have a good first week of your spring semester!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cat is adorable! I love him! I'm hoping to go to our zoo in DC once the pandas are ready to meet the public.

    Jill
    https://www.allthebooksihaventread.com/

    ReplyDelete

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...