Learning what was actually going on with these characters and how they were brought up, made me feel real bad about the way the father treated them and how mentally ill he was.
My 100th read for 2024 and it is the 5th installment in the Hush collection. I skipped the 4th book because it was the longest in the collection and I was on a time crunch. But that will be the next review after this one. So far, this installment is my favorite. I gave it 4 stars.
It is about an actress named Lyla who is on the red carpet at a movie premiere and her phone is blowing up. She gets approached by Scotland Yard to inform her that her eight year olf daughter has gone missing. She flies back home and it is 5 days later where things happen. Her husband Nolan is approached by his bodyguard and told about a psychic that can help find Fidelity.
The parents go to the psychic and Lyla is immediately wary because the guy starts spewing things that terrify and hit close to the truth with Lyla. We find out what really happend the year that Lyla disappeared from Hollywood and things take a turn. I was satisfied with this ending and this is one of the few short stories that I do not need any more of the story because it was perfect.
Another 4 star read in this collection. This is the longest and honestly, I wanted it to be longer. I really enjoyed it but there was one thing that really didn't mix well and that was one of the plot points. This book starts off with a guy being kidnapped by someone called the gravedigger. He then leaves clues to the location of the person. The clues are limericks and they are easy to solve.
I just did not like the name gravedigger and the limerick clues together because it was beyond stupid.
After the second kidnapped victim is found, the rest of the story is focused from the POV of an old journalist who is about to retire because everything is going online and all blog content. He is researching and following leads on the kidnap victims and following up on witnesses. He obviously gets to close and gets whacked. I will leave the rest of the plot un announced because I have spoiled enough.
The last story in the Hush Collection and I gave it a three. This was another long one coming in at 61 pages. It did not have any breaks or chapters. It was a continuous story and it was very dragged out.
It is about a guy who has girl problems and he tried to unalive himself because she did not want to be with him anymore and he was becoming abusive. The story takes place a year after the event and he is trying to get his life together and stop thinking about Anisa. He is stalking her instagram which is not allowed because of her restraining order. She has moved on and cut off all contact with everyone.
Will is becoming more and more paranoid that something has happened to her and he notices that all of her old pictures are being recycled. He meets up with a former friend named Emily and they start looking closer at the pictures and decide to go look for her to see if she is realy ok.
They go to his family home in the country and it is the place where Will's sister died of an accidental drowning. The funny thing is that everyone used to say that Anisa was the spitting image of Will's sister and that maybe he killed her, but he was so young.
The ending was totally predictable and it makes me wonder if Will actually had something to do with Claire's death and why would Anisa suddenly like Will's instagram picture at the end if she cut off contact with everyone. Also, what happened to Emily totally gives away the answers to every single thing.






No comments:
Post a Comment