Continued my reading of the Lord of the Rings. I read this last month when my daughter bugged me to buddy read with her. I obviously finished it, she has not yet. I listened to it on audiobook with it being narrated by Andy Serkis. I listened to it on 2.25 speed and it made it much more enjoyable while reading along with it. It made all of the singing bearable.
Everyone knows what lord of the rings is about. A hobbit named Frodo goes on a journey with some friends and he has to watch his back at every turn. He is the nephew to Bilbo who was the main hobbit in the prequel the Hobbit and there are alot of references to that book in this one, so start with that book if you have not read this series.
There were some time where I could not put it down and then at the end, I started to get bored, especially the coucil chapter. It seemed like one big back and forth ping pong match where everything that was said was worded differently. I also kept expecting Bilbo to demand the ring back from Frodo.
Picturing the actors faces while reading also helped make the reading experience go by faster. I will be watching the movie as soon as my kid finishes reading and then I will be picking up the second book either this month or in February.

No comments:
Post a Comment