Yesterday, it was windy and all the news reports were airing and forecasting that the low for last night would get down to 16. The teens. It got down to 13 degrees. I started doing everything to get the house warmed up and to keep the girls warm. I tripled blanketed their beds, put them in footy pajamas, and had the heat on to 70 degrees. We tried to get Missy into the house, but she was already in her warm spot I guess and would not come to her name being called. We left all 3 sinks run with a steady stream of water, and thought that we would be fine.
This morning, we got up, and Cayce had to get ready to leave early. I wasn't feeling that great and I had some sort of stomach bug that lasted all day. When I was about to leave the bathroom, I realized that there wasn't any water coming from the faucet. I tried to turn it on all the way, and our water had froze up over night. I was angry. Cayce couldn't do anything and left for work and left the girls and I without water. It wasn't that bad because I had water stored and cold water in the fridge. the only thing that sucked was that my stomach was torn up and I couldn't go to the bathroom till Cayce got the water fixed at 4:00pm.
Tonight will be a repeat of last night with the temperatures going back into the teens. We have Missy inside tonight. We have had her inside pretty much all day to get her comfortable and she lets us know when she has to go potty. She runs straight to the door and when she is done, she comes right back meowing like she's dying. I got supper in the oven for the second night to get the house warm and it feels good. I'm just ready for this hot meal and a long hot shower to relax.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2
I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...
No comments:
Post a Comment