Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Recipe: Chocolate Bread

My kids and I have been wanting chocolate breads for the longest time. I would make it on special occasions a few years ago and then stopped. We made two loaves last night and they are sooo delicious. They helped prepped and mix and place in the oven for the end of their school day yesterday.

I got this recipe off the Paula Deen website. It also calls for chocolate butter, but since this bread is so rich and chocolatey to begin with, I always exclude the chocolate butter. I have to make one loaf at a time because I only have one loaf pan big enough and these take an hour to 75 minutes to bake at 325F.

most of the ingredients. The rest were on the other counter.

the dry ingredients all combined

adding the wet ingredients.

mixing it all up and then a mess ensued. 

they were fighting not to drop the bowl..lol. 

loaf #1

looks like poo. 
especially with the chocolate chips and pecans poking through the chocolate.....LOL.

loaf #2

We have crumbs of the first loaf and half of the second still left because Cayce cut half to work to eat and share with my dad and close work family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...