Monday, January 23, 2017
Review: The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson
HOLY hell, this sequel was everything and more. It is written very well, and it immediately draws you in. It gets you asking questions with the first page. It is jaw dropping and has some major plot twists.
It's a year later and Lisbeth Salander is on vacation. Why wouldn't she be with millions of kronor in her pockets. She has been a jet setter and making a world wide trip. Nobody back home in Sweden knows where she is. Wait, before I go any further, let me tell you about the 2 page prologue. It is letting us see through a 13 year old girls eyes being strapped down to a bed and an old man leaving her locked up in a room. Now I immediately thought it was a kidnapped girl that was repeatedly being raped and abused.
I had no idea that later on in the book, it would actually be Lisbeth. This book is basically a man hunt for Lisbeth and then in another part, it is all from her point of view and how she stayed hidden and how she got around without being recognized. It answers questions from the first book and it brings back some old characters. We find out that some people aren't dead and it's basically one big mind fuck.
I can't wait to read the third book. I am still hoping that the fourth book will carry on with this plot line and not go in a whole new direction.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2
I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment