Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Around The World in 80 Books Challenge TBR

Last month, I mentioned that I was going to start the Around the world in 80 books challenge, and then I realized that I never put up the TBR I made in December. I am missing one country and have 79 so far, but I know I will find more books with different countries.

(Source: world map)
I absolutely love this map, and will be looking at it while trying to complete this challenge.


  1. Afghanistan: The Kite Runner: Khaled Hosseini
  2. Antarctica: Endurance: Alfred Lansing
  3. Argentina: The Travelers: Chris Pavone
  4. Australia: The Thorn Birds: Colleen McCullough
  5. Austria: The End of Days: Jenny Erpenbeck
  6. Bahamas: Islands in the Stream: Ernest Hemingway
  7. Brazil Eleven Minutes: Paolo Coelho
  8. Burma: The Art of Hearing Heartbeat: Jan Phillip- Sendker
  9. Burundi: The Strength in What Remains: Tracy Kidder
  10. Cambodia: First They Killed My Father: Loung Ung
  11. Canada: Fall On Your Knees: Ann Marie MacDonald
  12. Cape Verde: In The Heart of The Sea: Nathaniel Philbrick
  13. Chile: Daughter of Fortune: Isabel Allende
  14. China: Empress Orchid: Anchee Min
  15. Colombia: One Hundred Years of Solitude: Gabriel Garcia Marquez
  16. Cuba: The Old Man & The Sea: Ernest Hemingway
  17. Czech Republic: The Unbearable Lightness of Being: Milan Kundera
  18. Democratic Republic of Congo: Congo: Michael Crichton
  19. Dominican Republic: The Brief & Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao: Junot Diaz
  20. Ecuador: Enchanted Islands: Allison Amend
  21. Egypt: Palace Walk: Nagib Mahfuz
  22. England: The Cuckoos's Calling: Robert Galbrath
  23. Ethiopa: Cutting For Stone: Abraham Verghese
  24. France: All the Light We Cannot See: Anthony Doerr
  25. Germany: Unbroken: Laura Hillenbrand
  26. Ghana: Ghana Must Go: Taiye Selasi
  27. Greece: The Song of Achilles: Madeline Miller
  28. Haiti: Claire of the Sea Light: Edwidge Danticat
  29. Hong Kong: The Expatriates: Janice Y.K. Lee
  30. Iceland: The Travelers: Chris Pavone
  31. India: The Palace of Illusions: Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
  32. Iran: Reading Lolita in Tehran: Azar Nafisi
  33. Iraq: Youngblood: Matt Gallagher
  34. Ireland: Angela's Ashes: Frank McCourt
  35. Israel: The Red Tent: Anita Diamant
  36. Italy: Beautiful Ruins: Jess Walters
  37. Jamaica: The Sun Is Also A Star: Nicola Yoon
  38. Japan: Kafka on the Shore: Haruki Marukami
  39. Lithuania: Between Shades of Gray: Ruta Sepetys
  40. Malawi: The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind: William KamKwamba
  41. Malaysia: The Garden of Evening Mists: Tan Twan Eng
  42. Mauritius: Me Before You: Jojo Moyes
  43. Mexico: Like Water For Chocolate: Laura Esquivel
  44. Nepal: Into Thin Air: John Krakauer
  45. Netherlands: The Dinner: Herman Koch
  46. New Zealand: Barkskins: Annie Proulx
  47. Nigeria: Things Fall Apart: Chinua Achebe
  48. North Korea: The Girl With Seven Names: Hyeonseo Lee
  49. North Pole: In The Kingdom Of Ice: Hampton Sides
  50. Pakistan: I Am Malala: Malala Yousafzai
  51. Peru: Bel Canto: Ann Patchett
  52. Poland: Schindler's List: Thomas Keneally
  53. Russia: Crime & Punishment: Fyoder Dostoevsky
  54. Rwanda: Shake Hands With The Devil: Reomeo Dallaire
  55. Saudi Arabia: Girls of Riyadh: Rajaa Alsanea
  56. Scotland: The Illuminations: Andrew O'Hagan
  57. Serbia: Murder On The Orient Express: Agatha Christie
  58. Slovenia: Veronika Decides To Die: Paolo Coelho
  59. Somalia: Crossbones: Nuruddin Farah
  60. South Africa: A Long Walk To Freedom: Nelson Mandela
  61. South Korea: Human Acts: Han Kang
  62. South Sudan: God Grew Tired Of Us: John Bul Dau
  63. Spain: For Whom the Bell Tolls: Ernest Hemingway
  64. Sri Lanka: Wreck and Order: Hannah Tennant-Moore
  65. St. Thomas: The Marriage of Opposites: Alice Hoffman
  66. Sweden: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo: Stieg Larsson
  67. Tahiti: The Signature of All Things: Elizabeth Gilbert
  68. Taiwan: Green Island: Shawna Yang Ryan
  69. Turkey: My Name Is Red: Orhan Pamuk
  70. Ukraine: Everything is Illuminated: Johnathan Safron Foer
  71. United Kingdom: White Teeth: Zadie Smith
  72. United States: To Kill A Mockingbird: Harper Lee
  73. Uruguay: The Invisible Mountain: Carolina de Robertis
  74. Vatican City: Angels & Demons: Dan Brown
  75. Venezuela: The House of the Spirits: Isabel Allende
  76. Vietnam: The Things They Carried: Tim O'Brien
  77. Wales: Miss Peregrines Home Fro Peculiar Children: Ransom Riggs
  78. Yemen: I Am Nujood, Age 10 & Divorced: Nujood Ali
  79. Zambia: Cocktail Hour Under the Tree of Forgetfulness: Alexandra Fuller

I will be posting an update for last month later this week. I got through three countries already and it's fun so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...