Friday, February 17, 2017

School Week 26 Photo Diary

We are almost done with the school year. Only a handful of weeks to go and then it will be summer. We are getting a lot done and we are taking our time on everything. I am going to be reassessing everything this weekend and make a list of what else they need to learn before the end of the school year and then everything else, will be learned and reviewed during weekends and on summer break. I have a lot I want to accomplish with them.

Monday: The day started off with morning work and doing lessons on Reading Eggs.


When they got done alternating between Reading Eggs and their reading time, they asked to watch Planet Earth. This has confirmed my theory that my girls are visual learners. They watch something and they discuss it with me, talk about it and pretend to be whatever it is while playing. I know that sounds confusing, but it's true.

We finished the day with reading Skeletons Don't Play Tubas. It was funny and it is now a favorite of ours in that series.

Tuesday: It's Valentine's Day. They started their day with morning work and then watched the Magic School Bus. They love drawing pictures and discussing after each episode.


After we watched 4 episodes of Magic School Bus, they had their reading time and then they watched a video on YouTube on the origins of Valentine's Day. While that video was playing, I was putting together little Valentines worksheets together and they worked on these packets for a good chunk of the afternoon.


To end the already late day, we read the first two chapters of A Series Of Unfortunate Events: The Hostile Hospital.

Wednesday: We started the day with reading 4 chapters of The Hostile Hospital to catch up to where I wanted to be. After we got done reading, they wanted to do some more of the Highlights Puzzle Buzz books, so they got to do those.




When they got halfway done with those books, Samantha had reading time while Ariana worked on Easy Peasy lessons and then they switched to end their school day.

Thursday: Today was a good and productive day. We focused on history. I am throwing it back to Thanksgiving time, but I believe this should be learned whenever during the school year. They started the morning with morning work and finished their Highlights puzzle books. Then they watched a YouTube video which was a little interactive field trip to Plimouth Plantation. They learned about the pilgrims landing on Plymouth Rock. I want to go to Plimouth Plantation one day. (NOTE: Plimouth Plantation is spelled with an I and not the Y.. it's explained in the video)


After the video, they got to do a girl pilgrim craft and they then watched another video on the Wampanoag Homesite at Plimouth Plantation. After they had their reading time and then we finished the day with reading more of The Hostile Hospital.

Friday: We were ready to start the day and get to our much needed weekend. We are starting to get the burnout again and this weekend will be just a relax weekend. They wanted to watch two more episodes of Planet Earth and the Ice Worlds episode was their favorite. Addy loved seeing the penguins.


It has been a full and productive week. I love seeing my planners this full



After we got done watching Planet Earth, we watched a video on Squanto and the pilgrims he met. Then we ended the day with reading the last four chapters of The Hostile Hospital.
of course Ariana had to blink..... 

We have 56 more days of school. I have the countdown written down and I think that was a mistake because it is making me anxious.... AHHHHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...