Sunday, February 19, 2017
Review: The Girl In The Spider's Web by David Lagercrantz
Time for another book review. This is the "fourth" book in the Millennium series and it is a continuation of Stieg Larsson's first 3 novels. I enjoyed and disliked this book at the same time. It was a great story line, but the characters were not the same at all whatsoever. It was a really quick read for me, I read it in four day whereas the first 3 novels I spent a week reading each one. It must have been the font size or the lack of details.
This new author copied the same format that is Stieg Larrson's style and he left a lot of questions. There was the beginning that said a year earlier, but throughout the book, it felt like sometimes it was more than a year ago and talking in way past tense.
I did have some issues when Blomkvist was talking with Palmgren and they mention Ronald Neiderman who is Salander's half brother. How the hell did Palmgren know that he was her half brother. It was implied that Salander was the only one who knew and that information was never revealed in her trial. This is during the Camilla conversation and I also had a problem with how it seemed like Bloomkvist was asking questions about Lisbeth and this information he already knew from the trial. This conversation piece between these two characters was a bad filler and not needed because it mentioned Camilla slightly.
ALSO, I doubt that Salander would tell Palmgren ANYTHING about Plague and Hacker Republic!!!
I ended up giving this novel a 3 out of 5 stars. It just mentions past characters and brings them back and then does no character building and then the motorcycle club is brought back and not used for ANY REASON!! The prosecutor Eckstrom..... WHY IS HE STILL A PROSECUTOR???? He fucked up royally in The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest.
Last of all, why did the author leave a Camilla cliffhanger and then try to create a little Salander- Bloomkvist romance at the end. Salander would have went through hell and high water to try and find Camilla and kill her.
If a book 5 is written in this universe by this author, I will probably not read it. I was so disappointed with most of the characters story lines.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment