Saturday, June 10, 2017

Cayce's 27th Birthday/ Memorial Day Recap

This post is hella late, but better late than never. Cayce's birthday was last Monday and it was also Memorial Day. My honey is 27. He's getting closer to 50 and he is starting to hate this joke. We just had a quiet day at home. He got the day off work since it was a national holiday, so he got paid for chilling and sleeping.

When we woke up, I gave him his bag of gifts. It was a bunch of things I got from Hollar.com and some freebies he can use.

He wanted another simple cake this year, so I made him a vanilla cake with whipped cream cheese frosting with silver crystals on top.


this cake was delicious

our little Memorial day/ Birthday meal was small and light. I made Cayce's favorite Green Bean casserole and mashed potatoes and gravy with an applewood smoked Tenderloin. This was Cayce's plate and he was already munching on his tenderloin. 

It was a good day. We knew we didn't want to go out because everywhere would be closed and all the public places and lakes and the river would be jammed packed. We got a lot of stuff done around the house and Cayce also started planning a new entertainment center for our living room. As of today when I am posting this (June 10) it is pretty much built and just needs to be painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...