I haven't done a post all about me in a while, so I figured I would do a favorites post. Cayce has been building an entertainment center in the living room and it got me thinking about my favorite movies. I have a lot but these will always be my top dogs no matter what because they each have a special memory attached to them.
1. Forrest Gump
I have been watching this movie since I was 4 years old. This has always been a comfort movie for me. This also started my love for Tom Hanks before I learned that he was the voice of Woody in Toy Story.
2. Fried Green Tomatoes
This movie will always have a special place in my hear. Every time I would spend the night at my grandma's house, which was almost every weekend, we would watch this movie and it hasn't gotten old yet. When I found it on DVD, I snatched it up and that night when I got home, I made Cayce sit down and watch it and he absolutely LOVED it. It also started my love for Kathy Bates and my love for her grew in Titanic which is also a favorite on this list.
3. Titanic
This is another movie that I watched with my grandma and was instantly hooked. I was in second grade when this movie came out and my group of friends and I were in LOVE with Leonardo DiCaprio.
4. Fast Times at Ridgemont High
I first saw this movie when I was in high school and instantly loved it. It was so hilarious. Sean Penn was the funniest thing and at the time when my mom watched this with me one afternoon, I recognized Sean Penn because he was on an episode of Viva La Bam. Also Phoebe Cates was in Shag, which is my mom's favorite movie.
5. Dangerous Minds
I was really young when I watched this and my parents let me. I think this is what got me really into pop culture and to keep up with all the trends and how people are very different.
6. The Hunger Games Series
Like really, does this need an explanation.... NOPE!!
7. Bringing Down the House
Steve Martin and Queen Latifah are the perfect comedic pairing in my book. This movie was just so funny. Queen Latifah has always been a favorite of mine since I watched her in Set It Off when I was young. I realized I watched a lot of violent adult movies in my childhood. Steve Martin is just the man when it comes to laughing and when I need to watch a funny movie and just laugh and laugh, this is my go to.
8. The Last Holiday
Another Queen Latifah movie. I first watched this in high school and it helped my travel bug take root. She thought she only had a couple more weeks to live and she wanted to live out the rest of the weeks to the fullest. This movie helped inspire me to want to travel the world and go after what I want, which didn't happen.
9. A League of Their Own
This was the first baseball movie I watched after I started watching the Atlanta Braves when I was about 7 or 8. This is one of my parent's favorite movies. It so hilarious. Tom Hanks is the perfect sarcastic coach. Also Madonna and Rosie O' Donnell.
10. Never Been Kissed
I used to watch this movie constantly while I was in 4th grade. This movie helped grow my love for writing. I started writing stories in 4th grade and Josie made me want to be a journalist! Also Teacher Sam... goodness gracious.
So there are my top 10 favorite movies that have special meaning to me or my comfort movies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...










No comments:
Post a Comment