Monday: Very late start to the morning. I was dumb and got up with Cayce when he left for work, but then I went back to bed and go super cozy and refused to get up when Sammy came to get me. She is my alarm clock on school mornings. She has to wake me up at 9:15 if I am not already awake.
They start with their morning work and chores. Then they watched Bill Nye because that is all they talked about all weekend and also the whole time we were at the museum. They are learning a lot from these shows. Then I had Sammy start her Easy Peasy lessons. She worked on her typing. Since she is doing so well with the computer, I am thinking about getting her an Amazon fire tablet. Ariana read to me while I was working with Samantha. Her reading is getting better.
Working on her typing.
Working on her vocab.
While Samantha and Ariana were working on their lessons and reading, I had Adalyn watch Leapfrog again. She is singing along and paying more attention and answering the questions. She is also counting to 13 by herself. I know that she should be farther, but her progress is surprising.She ended her day with handwriting practice. We definitely have to focus more on that next week.
Tuesday: Ariana started with her lessons first this morning. I had her work on Reading Eggs, then she went back to her Easy Peasy work. I am going to have to get them to work on Reading Eggs one day after school because I think that when we let our subscription from last year lapse, all their progress was deleted. After her hour, it was Sammy's turn to work on her Easy peasy.
Doing a money activity and at the end, she had to eat fish food and here she is pretending to be a fish.
working on putting words in ABC order.
They also worked on spelling worksheets . Addy also did her Easy Peasy lessons and she is enjoying them. She is working on the letter E.When they got done with the EP lessons for the day, they watched a YouTube video on the 7 continents for the social studies lesson.
We ended the day with reading more Astrotwins: Project Rescue.
Wednesday: Started the day with our regular morning work and then watched magic school bus. Did you guys know that Netflix has their own Magic School bus series. It is a revamped version of it and I hate every thing about it. Ruined my childhood. My kids prefer the original. After our magic school bus viewing, Samantha and Ariana worked on their spelling words while Addy worked with her three letter word flashcards.
After Addy did her three litter flashcards, she worked with her dominoes. Then she got to do her Easy Peasy lessons. After Sammy and Airy were done with their spelling. Sammy did some reading and Airy worked on Easy Peasy.
She loved the owl diaries.
We ended the day once again with reading 3 more chapters of Astrotwins: Project Rescue.Thursday: We once again started the morning with watching a favorite show. We finished Planet Earth season one and then they watched the first episode of Season 2. One day I will purchase season 2 so we can watch it. After we got done watching Planet Earth, we read a good chunk of Astrotwins: Project Rescue. Then after I got done reading aloud for the day, I had them pick a continent to learn more about and all three of them chose South America first. So, I found a YouTube video that talked about the culture and the countries. We will be going in detail next week and learning all the facts. After the YouTube video, Addy worked on EP lessons, Airy did some reading time and Samantha started her vocab work.
watching a letter E video
working on her vocabulary words
reading to herself.
my baby. I love this little pipsqueak!!
When Addy was done with her lessons, I had Ariana start hers while Samantha was still working on her vocab. Then Sammy finished her day with her EP lessons. This was a long freakin day and it was very productive.Friday: The girls had a little board game morning. They played Buzz Lightyear Operation, Checkers, and Hi Ho Cherry O. Then they went into Sammy's room with books and were sitting on the bed reading to each other. I am a proud mommy. I had them do their morning work after that and then we finished reading Astrotwins. We had to finish that book quickly because it was due back this weekend.
Reading time
working on xtramath
recapping on Greater Than, Less Than, and Equal To
This was a good productive but very long week. We had a little reward for this week again. Samantha wanted to watch Ghost Adventures again, and so to make it feel like the old days when we watched it every Friday, I decided to make it to if we had a good school week, we would watch Season 4. We made it. It felt great to just pile up in the bed in my room and watch a favorite and just relax after a good school week.



















No comments:
Post a Comment