Saturday, September 30, 2017

Review: Cress by Marissa Meyer


I am done with the third book in the Lunar Chronicles series and this one made me laugh. Out of the three, this is number 2 favorite, with Scarlet still being my favorite of all. I liked the character of Cress and I did feel sorry for her since she was stuck in that satellite for 7 years. She was brought to life with the social awkwardness and trust issues. The representation for the Rapunzel line did not meet my expectations. Of course we have the isolation for years, we have the cocky arrogant hero, social anxiety, and the long hair. The long hair did not last long, which is what we all know Rapunzel as.

Thorne's character was a hit and miss with me. I liked his character but I found him to be to much of a cliche. Also, while I was reading his description, all I could picture was the body and not the face. He wants to go by the title of Captain,so I pictured a John Cena body with the arms but not the John Cena face, aged in the early/middle 30's. When I saw a drawing of Thorne on a Lunar Chronicles website, I was like that is not how I pictured it.

I felt bad for Wolf the entire time and I was angry right along with him. Scarlet was kidnapped and she only got 2-3 chapters. When Wolf and Cress were talking about her and he said that Scarlet was his alpha, I about lost it. Scarlet and Wolf are my favorite characters. They are now one of my favorite OTP's.

I still can't stand Cinder and Kai. But while I was reading the ending, I was imagining Kai sound like Prince Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender!! Cinder's character is too much of a flip flopper. One sentece she is crying and giving up and then the next sentence, she is determined and sounding strong. Also.. Iko. Her personality chip gives me life. I love this android. I wish I had an Iko.

I can't wait to read Winter and learn more about the Princess. But first, I am going to be reading Fairest next. I need to know more about Queen Levana!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...