Wednesday, January 3, 2018
Review: The Heirs by Susan Rieger
About the Book: Six months after Rupert Falkes dies, leaving a grieving widow and five adult sons, an unknown woman sues his estate, claiming she had two sons by him. The Falkes brothers are pitched into turmoil, at once missing their father and feeling betrayed by him. In disconcerting contrast, their mother, Eleanor, is cool and calm, showing preternatural composure.
My Thoughts: This book was good in my opinon. It is about this rich family where the father dies from cancer and he leaves behind a legacy. His wife and their 5 sons are in the process of mourning when in comes a woman claiming that she had a relationship with Rupert and he had two sons with her as well.
It is always the case when a rich person dies, that some "fraud" comes in trying to claim heirs to money. Eleanor gets rid of every last piece of her husband after he dies and then she gets the letter from the woman. She did not have proper time to grieve yet, she felt that her husband could have been unfaithful, and she kept asking her self, why couldn't she help out those two men because they looked exactly like her husband.
About the Author: SUSAN RIEGER is the author of the 2014 novel The Divorce Papers. She is a graduate of Columbia Law School and has worked as a residential College Dean at Yale and as associate provost at Columbia. She lives in New York City with her husband, the writer David Denby.
I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2
I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment