Tuesday, May 29, 2018
Review: Bonfire by Krysten Ritter
I did not plan on reading this book this month. I have been looking at my bookshelves because I am going to be re-arranging them soon and this book was on the top shelf and I realized that this book and another book that I am going to be reading next month, were the only two unread books on that shelf. I immediately grabbed it, wanting to read it so I could have a shelf of read books.
This book was written by the actress who plays Jessica Jones on Netflix and she played the character Lucy on Gilmore Girls. This is her debut novel and it's exactly what you would expect from a first book from a new author. It wasn't that great. The plot wasn't original at all. I would say it's like The Simpsons movie and Under the Dome combined. Small town that has a company doing illegal dumping that is contaminating the water and there is cover up of a murder.
The main character Abby is an environmental lawyer who has gone back to her hometown after 10 years to solve and figure out whats going on with the water. Right off the bat, she starts seeing buildings and playgrounds that have been donated by the company Optimal. She runs into old bullies. She has constant flashbacks and then she starts focusing on.. more like obsessing on a girl named Kaycee Mitchell.
This girl was the biggest liar and attention seeker.. or so everyone says. Everyone says she ran away after she "faked" being sick to try to get a payout.
This story was all about corruption, cover ups, trafficking, blackmail, alcoholism, and murder. I ended up giving this a 3 out of 5. I enjoyed it but it was not great. The ending was super rushed and I wish the reservoir scene was a little longer and more action packed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2
I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment