Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Review: The Magic Misfits by Neil Patrick Harris


This is one of the cutest middle grade reads that I have read in a while. I love that Neil Patrick Harris wrote a great story about one of his favorite hobbies or jobs and that is magic. My kids love him as Count Olaf and that is how I found out about this book. I first heard about it from his website and then this was one of the books given in an Owlcrate Jr box last year. It also helped my kids be interested by the blurb from Lemony Snicket. While reading this book, there was a lot of similar sayings and scenes that reminded us of A Series Of Unfortunate Events.

It's about an orphan boy who runs away from his thieving uncle and goes to this town called Mineral Wells. He stumbles upon a traveling carnival who has some shady employees. He goes to the carnival the first night he is in town and he accidentally gets the attention of the boss of the carnival and gets threatened. He also meets a magician who lives in town.

This story was very heavy in stranger danger, be mindful of your belongings and you can find a misfit or two in the craziest of ways. I can't wait for the second book coming out in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...