Monday, December 16, 2019
Review: Dealing in Dreams by Lilliam Rivera
WHO RUN THE WORLD..... GIRLS! Well, a corrupt woman who has her female citizens fight and deal a drug that is called suenos which is Spanish for dreams. This story takes place in Mega City, where girl gangs keep order of the population and fight in throw downs to rise up in ranks to get to stay in The Towers.
Out main character Chief Rocka is the leader of the LMC's. A gang who is so close to the top. Chief Rocka's dream is to get into The Towers and finally have a bed to sleep in and be close to the head honcho Deesee. Deesee is the one who "saved Chief Rocka and put her into the training camps to become a fighter. Deesee also invented the Suenos tab where they are given to everyone to put them into happiness and basically keep them controlled.
Deesee gives Chief Rocka a job to do which is to go outside the city limits and gather intel on a group that is slowly infiltrating Mega City and threatening Deesee's hold over everyone.
This was on my most anticipated reads of the year and I forgot about it throughout the year because no one was talking about it. I didn't remember it until I looked at the list that I had made and vaguely remembered it was a dystopian.
This is Lilliam Rivera's second book and this book leaves off where there could be a second book to answer question because this was one big world building novel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2
I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment