Monday, December 23, 2019

Review: The Heartwood Crown by Matt Mikalatos


Yay.. we are getting a third book. The 1st chapter is in the back of this one but the thing is, there is nothing about it online or the sunlit lands website.. which is kind of scary. I was so excited to be back in this world and once I started reading I found that I did not remember any of the side characters. I was asking myself why the hell were we following a person named Shula instead of Madeline and why was it talking about Syria. It reminded me about a quarter into the book and this book is from four perspectives this time. We follow Shula, Madeline, Darius and Jason.

I was kind of bored while reading this especially during the Darius parts because he just kept going on and on about how he loved Madeline so much and how she loved him and there were a few times throughout the book where I saw the author as being lazy and using the same sentence repeatedly in the same perspective and bringing up the same topic of love and relationships.

This book is very relatable to what is going on today in Syria and ISIS and racism in America. I hope that the third will be more on the Sunlit Lands rebirth and not be a big F You to Madeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...