Sunday, December 29, 2019

Review: The Kill Artist by Daniel Silva


The first book in the Gabriel Allon series by Daniel Silva and I understand this character so much more and I know more about other characters as well. A few year ago I read books 7 and 9 out of order because when I bought them, I didn't know they were a series until I was halfway through reading book 7. But I enjoy the reading experience so much and found it to be a sort of Israeli James Bond.

I am so glad that I finally picked this book up to start the series properly. This was on my must read list for the year and it took me to the end of the year to finally read it.

Gabriel Allon is an art restorer. He is in a little cottage in the English countryside restoring an art piece by Vercellio, until he gets contacted by his old boss, the head of the Israeli Secret Service or something like that. These people are the most feared on the planet and this whole book is centered on the conflict between the Israeli's and the Palestinians.

The one con I did have with this book is that it introduces a lot of characters right off the bat and some characters didn't need to exist, they were just filler characters.

I am going to make it a goal to read a book in this series every month in 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...