Another book marked off of my A-Z Global reading challenge. I had such high expectations for this book and I was looking forward to learning more about the survivors stories and how they lived in the zoo during the war. I was very disappointed and had to skim a good chunk of this book because it was irrelevant information on different species of animals and bugs. It goes into detail of bug and animal characteristics. When I was reading about the survivors, it would go into tangents about what they liked and the history of that thing.
At one point while reading, I started feeling bad about how I was feeling while reading this and feeling guilty for not liking it. I went on to the Goodreads page and found out that I was not the only one to have these feelings about this book. I feel that this book was marketed poorly and that the synopsis is a lie. Of course it is about the people who hid in the Warsaw Zoo, but I feel that the author just wanted to give a account on all the animals and bugs that were affected due to the war.
I wanted to like this and I have noticed that every nonfiction book that I have been reading have been getting 2 and 3 stars.

No comments:
Post a Comment