The day after Christmas, my husband was looking through some PS4 games to buy and I chose Metro 2033 redux. At the time I had completely forgotten that I had this book on my TBR. Scrolling though my Goodreads and decluttering, I came across this and put two and two together. I told my hubby that the game was based on a book and he ended up buying me the book. He said that if I liked the book, he would buy the game for him to play.
It took me a week to read this. I started off physically reading it and I had to find an audiobook after the first chapter because of all the Russian names bunched together and the text was so small and the chapters were 30 pages long. I also had to listen to the audiobook at the highest speed just to not be bored because it was read so slowly.
Needless to say, it was ok and it did not meet my expectations. The chapters were too long and info dumpy. I didn't care about the characters. The ending sucked. I thought it was going to be about zombies and it was more of an adventure quest from one end of the metro tunnel to the other. There were some moments when I was listening late at night and there would be a scary part and I would be freaking out and not want to go to sleep.
My hubby has not bought the game yet and what I have seen from some gameplay videos on YouTube, the game seems so much more better.

No comments:
Post a Comment