Is it a spoiler to say that Calaena is king's champion and she is now his assassin and she has to kill people that he tells her to and that if she fails her missions or doesn't come back from one, then her friends Nehemia and Chaol and their families will be murdered. That is what is hanging over her head the entire time during this and she is also trying to figure out how the king annihilated countries and militaries so quickly without the magic he hates.
Chaol and Calaena grow closer and relationships form and break. Nehemia and Calaena's frienship has the worst kind of fight where you say something and then you can't apologize for it later and you will spend the rest of your life regretting what was said.
I did cry and have heavy breathing when Fleetfoot was injured and taken by a monster. I did not want to read about an animal death. I have two dogs and three cats and my oldest cat is up in age and it will be a freaking miracle if she makes it to 2024.
The ending had me shook and I just wanted Chaol to run after her and hide away with her. What he found out, I am hoping that he doesn't think to much on it and become more fearful of Calaena or hold her background against her and turn against her.
I need Heir of Fire like NOW!!!!

A glass rabbit hole! How a propos. Jan 22 ushers in the Year of the Rabbit, a Lunar New Year horoscope. Fantasy is not my genre, but this does sound exciting.
ReplyDelete