Friday, January 6, 2023

Review: Poirot Investigates by Agatha Christie

 


Another Agatha Christie book read for my Agatha Christie challenge that is being hosted by the 52 book club. This is a collection of short stories about Hercule Poirot solving cases. I have realized that even though I love reading Agatha Christie, I just can't stand the long drawn out explanations of who-dun-it in the full length novels, and I found that the short stories were just too rushed and ended way to quickly.

There are eleven stories in this book and I liked a few of them. Some were basically the same as her other stories and some are just reminisces of past cases that Poirot solved. The last one broke my heart and gave the fact that Poirot wasn't always perfect and caught the right person, so that is why he adament every case that he gets the facts right and the right man.

Hastings annoyed me again like always. I don't mind him, but every single story he is always doubting Poirot and being a complete idiot and gasping about something that was plainly obvious. He is also a womanizer and his type for beautiful faces with auburn hair is annoying. 

Overall, I gave this a 3 star. Am I a fan of Agatha Christie short stories? The answer is so so. I am looking forward to watching the adaptations of the episodes because I would like to see them play out and maybe have a little more substance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...