Friday, July 21, 2017
Review: I Almost Forgot About You by Terry McMillan
About the book: In I Almost Forgot About You, Dr. Georgia Young’s wonderful life–great friends, family, and successful career–aren’t enough to keep her from feeling stuck and restless. When she decides to make some major changes in her life, including quitting her job as an optometrist and moving house, she finds herself on a wild journey that may or may not include a second chance at love. Georgia’s bravery reminds us that it’s never too late to become the person you want to be, and that taking chances, with your life and your heart, are always worthwhile.
My Thoughts: I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I loved Georgia's character from the very beginning. She is a successful career woman but she is bored with her life. She has two grown daughters and two ex husbands and a handful of past lovers. She decides that she wants to sell her part of her business, sell her house and go on a trip to do some soul searching. She also wants to contact every guy that she "loved" and find out what went wrong and if they are happy with their lives.
I found this book very funny and it was very eye opening at times. It made me remember my friends and how we talked to each other and called each other hussies and bitches. This book also has a very diverse cast of characters and it was amazing. I liked the little flashback sections to the guy that Georgia came back into contact with and I was OK with Stan. I feel he came on a little strong in both past and present parts and it made me a little uncomfortable.
Overall this book is now one of my favorites for this year. I will have to read more by this author!!
About the Author: Terry McMillan is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Waiting to Exhale, A Day Late and a Dollar Short, and The Interruption of Everything, and the editor of Breaking Ice: An Anthology of Contemporary African-American Fiction.
I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2
I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment