Time for another book review. To be honest, I wasn't going to review this book, because come on, it's a classic, but I realized that I have almost no blog posts for this month and I also wanted to talk about it because once I got a physical copy of the book to read, I found it enjoyable and really good.
As you all know, I wanted to read another classic this year and I wanted to read a long book this summer. I planned on reading this book this year but not during the summer. I started this book back in May and finished it on Wednesday. I started reading it on my kindle app on my old ass Samsung Galaxy Tab tablet and I was bored. Les Miserables is now public domain and free on ebook. So I started reading it and I had so many problems. It was unabridged and I couldn't comprehend most of it and I was really bored. So I took more than a month off from it and requested a copy from my local library. I honestly think that if I hadn't have done that, I would have DNF'ed it.
When I got my library copy, I started reading it and found I could understand it better because it was the abridged version and I enjoyed the story a lot more. I love Jean Valjean's character and I wanted to kill the Thernadier's for how they were treating Cosette and their sons. Javert was a big pain in the ass.
It's also a shock to how every time I read a classic that when there are little children involved and living on the street or orphaned, it seems that the adults never give a shit about their well being and always yelling, threatening, abusing the little kids instead of helping them. In today's modern world, that wouldn't be happening.
I also cried when Jean Valjean died. I really enjoyed this book when I thought I wouldnt. I rated this 4 out of 5 because there was some parts where I would space out and was bored. I can't wait to watch the movie tonight and Cayce is going to watch it. He likes Phantom of the Opera, so hopefully he will like this movie too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment