Monday, January 11, 2021

2020 Reading Survey

  I have been an avid reader of The Perpetual Page Turner for years. I have always wanted to do this end of year survey but always got too overwhelmed and remember to do it too late. I made sure to write it down on my calendar this year (meaning 2020). I won't go into much detail about my answers because I have reviews on each of these books. Enjoy!!! 

**2020 READING STATS**

Number Of Books You Read: 112
Number of Re-Reads: 6
Genre You Read The Most From: Young Adult Fantasy

1. Best book you read in 2020:

The Clancy's of Queens by Tara Clancy

2. Book you were excited about & thought you were going to love more but didn’t:

The Ship by Antonia Honeywell

3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read:

The Illuminated Forest by Edwin Fontanez

Such a beautiful written book

4. Book you “pushed” the most people to read (and they did):

Tuesday Mooney Talks to Ghosts by Kate Racculia

5. Best series you started in 2020. Best sequel of 2020. Best series ender of 2020.

Started: A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin
Sequel: The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan
Ender: Cloak of Night by Evelyn Skye

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2020:

Tara Clancy

7. Book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone:


This is supposed to be best book, but since this was the only book in this genre that I read from this year, I am removing the best and just putting the book. 

Fawned by Winter Pior. It is a male male erotica romance

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year:


The Other People by C.J. Tudor

9. Book you read in 2020 that you are most likely to re-read next year?


The Clancys of Queens by Tara Clancy!! I have been wanting to re read it ever since I finished it.

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2020:



11. Most memorable character of 2020:


I have two. The first is Gifford from My Lady Jane, he turns into a horse and he can't control it. The second one if Terminus from The Heroes of Olympus series. He is an armless statue that protects the city at Camp Jupiter.

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2020:


The Illuminated Forest by Edwin Fontanez

13. Most thought-provoking/life-changing book of 2020:


Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2010 to finally read:


Between Shades of gray by Ruta Sepetys

15. Favorite quote from a book you read in 2020:


"You Know how Americans feel about King George's tea" - Nina, Chosen by Kiersten White

16. Shortest and longest books you read in 2020:


Shortest: The Egg by Andy Weir (3 pages)
Longest: A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin (973 pages)

17. Book that shocked you the most:


The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah

18. OTP of the year (you will go down with this ship!):


Adrian and Sasha-Rae from A  Rainbow Like You by Andrea Fehsenfeld

19. Favorite non-romantic relationship of the year:


Adrian and Hastings from A Rainbow Like You

20. Favorite book you read in 2020 from an author you’ve read previously:


The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins

21. Best book you read in 2020 that you read based SOLELY on a recommendation from somebody else:


NOS4A2 by Joe Hill

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2020:


Howl from Dead Moon Rising by Caitlin Sangster

23. Best 2020 debut you read:


This is my America by Kim Johnson

24. Most vivid setting you read this year:


The Illuminated Forest by Edwin Fontanez

25. Book that put a smile on your face/was the most FUN to read:


My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton and Jodi Meadows.

26. Book that made you cry or nearly cry in 2020:


The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah

27. Hidden gem of the year:


The Illuminated Forest. I just really LOVED this book.

28. Book that crushed your soul:


The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. I finished reading this book before 8AM on a Monday before I had to wake my kids up for school and it wrecked my entire day and week. I was a BIG CRY BABY!!

29. Most unique book you read in 2020:


The Egg by Andy Weir. It's not technically a book, it's only 3 pages about the universe and it will get you thinking about life.

30. Book that made you the maddest (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it):


Hero of Hacksaw Ridge by Booton Herndon and  The Rise and Fall of Charles Lindbergh by Candace Fleming

Looking Ahead

1. Book you are most anticipating in 2021 (non-debut):


The Burning Girls by C.J. Tudor, Angel of Greenwood by Randi Pink

2. 2021 debut you are most anticipating:


Amari and the Night Brothers by B.B. Alston

3. Sequel you are most anticipating in 2021:


Bridge of Souls by Victoria Schwab and Aru Shah and the City of Gold by Roshani Chokshi

4. One thing you hope to accomplish or do in your reading/blogging life in 2021?


Finish my reading challenges that was put on hiatus thanks to 2020 and Covid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...