Book 5 of this middle grade graphic novel series complete. I ended up giving this a 4 out of 5. It was as memorable as the previous book, but it did give backstory to the bad kid Max and how the stones came to be in control. It also introduces a new element that the stone can achieve. Time Travel.
The book starts off with Emily and Navin splitting up and going with groups to figure out how to find Max and beat the elves. Emily is working with Trellis, the disinherited elf prince who also has a stone. Navin is going with a group who are working on robot warriors that have the same technology as the moving and walking houses.
The only parts that I remember are learning the back story about Max and how he freed Elven prisoners and that he was sent to prison for 50 years.
Cogsley is still being mama to the baby wyvern Dago and I am obsessed with his overbite.
I didn't really enjoy this after the first bit, as I don't remember much besides the time travel which is weird to introduce this far into the series and there are only going to be 4 volumes left.

No comments:
Post a Comment