Friday, July 23, 2021

REVIEW: Heart of the Impaler by Alexander Delacroix

 

Thank you to NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book early. This book will be released on December 7, 2021. 

I am so excited that I got a e-arc of this because for as long as I can remember, I have been fascinated with Dracula and Transylvania. Just a disclaimer that this book has NOTHING to do with vampires and it is the historical fiction of Vlad Dracul, Vlad Dracula and the Wallachia throne. 

If you go into this book knowing nothing of the prince and voivode, then you will probably not like this book. If you go into this book and not wanting a romance, then this is not for you. There is a love triangle between Vlad Dracul, the Grand Boyar eldest daughter Ilona and Vlad's cousin Andrei Mustaf, heir to the Moldavia throne. 

With this book not being released for another couple of months, I definitely don't want to go into much detail and spoilers. There is betrayal, regicide, and executions. It goes into detail the treaty between Wallachia and the Ottoman Empire. It mentions the impaling that Vlad Dracula is famous for. 

Going into this I was reminded of other book series particularly Game of Thrones and The Hunger Games. It mentions a game of thrones and the characteristics between our main love interests scream Peeta and Katniss. 

I absolutely loved this book. I give it a 5. I didn't know what to expect going into it. I wasn't sure I wanted to read about a romance, but I flew through it just for the romance. The ending made me anxious because I was anticipating a death of some characters. 

I hope that there will be a sequel one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...