Monday, October 4, 2021

Review: Amulet #6: Escape From Lucien by Kazu Kibuishi

 

Navin is forbidden to pilot any more vehicles in the Alledia because the captain hates that they are elven sympathizers. Lucien has been attacked and Emily and Navin have to go in to activate a communication beacon. Max is still a little sleeze but I have no idea whether to trust him or not, and the Elf king's mask has freaking spikes that stick into his face.... SICK!  Dago the baby wyvern is still a freakin' cutie. 

The shadow creatures that have taken over Lucien is creepy and the illustration of the underground Lucien is beautiful. Very Asian inspried. I was a little annoyed by the change in plot. Emily and Vigo and the Elf Prince and his brother follow Max into the void and then is changes plots and we follow Navin helping Riva evacuate the Lucien citizens from the shadows that have breached the gates and that take up a good chunk of the book. I was expecting to find out what Max's scheme was and is he really with the Elf King or does he really want to destroy the voice that controls the stones. General Pil crying made me laugh.

The ending with Max and Trellis was amazing and while this book is not a 5 star read like I predicted, it is staying at a 4 just with that scene. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...