Monday, October 18, 2021

Six Degrees of Separation: The Lottery - The Enemy// October 2021

 Six Degrees of Separation is a monthly meme hosted by Books Are My Favourite & Best

The book that is the start of the link this month is The Lottery by Shirley Jackson


I have never read this book but I have seen the movie adaptation quite a few times in my childhood. It is one of my mom's favorites, so the next book in my link will be my mom's favorite author who is Stephen King. Her favorite King book has to be Misery. 


The main character in this book is a writer who gets held captive by his number 1 fan Annie who makes him write a new book all about Misery just for her. I will be linking this book to a YA that has the main character as an author of a popular web comic. That book is Eliza and Her Monsters


I received this book in an Owlcrate box years ago and still haven't read it. A book that I have read and loved from an Owlcrate box is House of Salt and Sorrow by Erin A Craig.


House of Salt and Sorrow is a dark and twisty retelling of a fairy tale called The Twelve Dancing Princesses. Another book that is a sort of retelling and has one of my favorite couples is Scarlet from The Lunar Chronicles.


Scarlet and Wolf is the best couple in this whole series. I love their endgame and it brings me to the final link in my chain. This next book has my OTP who I have read numerous fanfiction about and met some of my best adult friends. That book is The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.


Katniss and Peeta are everything and I would love another book in this world all from the perspective from their toast babies. The Hunger Games is pretty much a lottery with the reaping. The Hunger Games is a popular dystopian and the final book in my link will be a dystopian that I have read recently.


This a 6-7 book series set in England. A horrible disease has infected everyone the ages 16 and up and turned them into conscious zombies. The kids have to fight against the grown-ups to survive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...