I have been looking forward to starting this series all year since I made my Buzzword TBR and the word for September was dark. I bought the box set years ago and it has been on my shelf since and the hype for this series finally got to me. But I have an unpopular opinion. THIS BOOK IS SO OVERHYPED!!!
I have read two other series by V.E Schwab and really enjoyed them and I thought I would love this series too, but this book is OK. I don't get the hype of Lila. She was very annoying in my opinion. I thought I would get the 4 Londons mixed up and I did at first, but then it was the taverns that became confusing.
It was very predictable and the death scenes and death by magic was very gruesome and gory and just what I want for an October read. I anticipated more anger to come from Rhy at the very end or him to be the main baddie.
I wonder if Holland will make a reappearance in the rest of the series and if Rhy does turn bad after what happened to him. I will be picking the second book up in January. Just need to process this story more.

No comments:
Post a Comment