Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday: Quotes from Books I Have Read This Year

 

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl.

This week's prompt is Memorable Things Characters Have Said. I am choosing some quotes that I have written down from books I have read this year. Some of the quotes are funny and then some are more serious. 


1. "You look like Church before he bites someone."  - Will Herondale

2. "Woolsey bites on occasion and I'm concerned."  - Magnus Bane



3. "Someone had once told me that a group of cats was called a clowder or a glaring. These were definitely glaring."



4. " I shall strive to control the whirlwinds in my bowels."  - BEN FRANKLIN



5. "As my mother used to say, kids is a drag." - Prince Robot IV



6. "Life is full of sadness. It's part of being a woman. Our lives are lived for the sake of others. Our happiness is never factored in."



7. " I have three kids and a fourth one they call a husband."   I RELATE TO THIS!!!!!! Life motto!



8. "Everyone should be afraid of those who can embroider. We have the patience to keep stabbing the same thing over and over again."  -Mianmian




9. "Men want us so badly for our bodies yet hate us so much for our minds"

10. "The entitled assholes of the world are sustained by girls who forgive too easily."

8 comments:

  1. I love the Saga one. :) And the first one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Artichoke's Heart sounds so funny. I had a harder time on this list than I thought I would because I wanted to make sure I knew which character said the quote and my memory isn't what it used to me. Hence I chose quotes from books I've read several times. Ha! My character quotes

    ReplyDelete
  3. #9 and #10 hit hard because so true, but #3 and #7 made me laugh. A wide-ranging mix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read Iron Widow, but I do have it on my TBR. These quotes just make me want to read it more.

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/bookish-gift-guide-budget-edition/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Artichoke’s Heart quote reminds me so much of my mom! I always tell people that she really raised three kids, and the one with special needs was my dad. :)

    I went off-topic this week: https://fiftytwo.blog/2021/11/09/ttt-books-you-recommend-the-most/

    Happy TTT!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quote from A Clash of Steel is amusing! Here is our Top Ten Tuesday Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel that Will Herondale quote. ;)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...