Sunday, November 5, 2023

Hello November// Sunday Post #58

 


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly from The Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

It is November and we all came down with colds. It either came from the kids I am babysitting from their school or my husband's new co workers at Lowes. Our Halloween plans were ruined because of rain and we were all disappointed. We would have walked if we weren't already sick because we have done it before but my husband and I just could not muster up the energy. 

The day after is usually our recovery day anyways because the neighborhood we trick or treat at is a 300 house subdivision and that is a crap ton of walking. But this year we just stayed in our pajamas and cuddled in blankets because we were still feeling crappy and the weather started to turn. It got down to 29F and that is way to cold for South Carolina in November. 

I just wish that I was able to control the weather and be able to enjoy the outside and pool time all year long. Also not a fan of the clocks going back an hour. Last year I had my first bout with seasonal depression and I am dreading the winter. Growing up I used to love it getting dark earlier and now I just want the sun to stay. 

Reading updates: I read Spy Family volume 4. Loved it. It got me a little sad and angry with how the dogs were being treated. Especially the German Shepherd. If ya'll didn't know I have 2 dogs and 4 cats. 


I also finished Frankenstein on audio and I disliked it. The audiobook narrator was not good. His voice gave me a headache and I had to listen on 2.5 speed just for it to sound normal. I understood how the monster talked, but I was not going to listen to it like that for 7+ hours. 

The next 2 books I am going to be picking up are graphic novels. The titles are The Autumnal and Sheets. They are ones that I wanted to read on Halloween and didn't get to because of sickness and work and CHILDREN! My human ones and not the furbabies, although they are little terrors when they want to be.

I am also going to be starting a non fiction read aloud with my kids. They watched the movie Hidden Figures a couple weeks ago and loved it, so we are going to be reading that. I am looking forward to it and see what didn't make it into the movie. 

I am also going to be picking up The Importance of Ernest and Other Stories by Oscar Wilde. I loved The Picture of Dorian Gray and my oldest just read The Importance of Being Ernest for her Lit and Comp class and loved it, so I have it out from the library. I am going to be listening to those on audio since they are plays and I am thinking about counting each play as one towards my Goodreads goal. It is separate audiobooks, so it's not cheating.

Hope everyone has a great week.

4 comments:

  1. A narrator makes or breaks an audiobook. Sorry it ruined Frankenstein for you.

    I love The Importance of Being Ernest. Hope you do as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Mark said a narrator can make or break a book, and it's too bad that happened with Frankenstein for you, Kelly Lyn. It snowed here on Halloween so that sort of blew it for us. Have a wonderful week ☕📚🦃❄️😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you've been sick. Hope you have a much better week coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Sheets. Such a good series.
    Jill
    http://www.allthebooksihaventread.com/

    ReplyDelete

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...