Thursday, November 17, 2016
Repeat: Baked Ziti
I am repeating a recipe I haven't made in a few years. I have been making variations of this the past 3 years, but decided to re-share and probably be motivated to make this variation again soon.
Ingredients:
Sauce:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3 gloves garlic, sliced
1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes
1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce ( I used manwich sloppy joe sauce)
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 teaspoons sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 can (14.5) ounces basil and oregano diced tomatoes, drained
½ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
Ziti and Cheese:
1 box (16 ounces) ziti
1 bag (8 ounces) shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
½ cup grated Parmesan or cheddar cheese.
Directions:
1. Heat oven to 375F. Coat a 13 X 9 X 2 inch dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2.SAUCE: Heat oil in a 3- quart saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook another minute. Stir in whole tomatoes and their juice, breaking tomatoes apart with hands or wooden spoon. Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar, salt, and pepper. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
3. Remove pan from heat. Stir in diced tomatoes and basil.
4. ZITI AND CHEESE: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boiling. Add ziti, boil, drain after 10 minutes, stirring. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add half of the sauce to bowl with ziti. Stir to coat. Pour ziti mixture into prepared dish. Top with remaining sauce and then sprinkle with the cheese.
5. Bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned. Cool 10 minutes.
ENJOY!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment