As you all know, I have been wanting to read classics lately since I didn't get to read them in High School. I immediately got to request another review copy of a book from Blogging For Books and this book is a classic. It's not the original, but it's been shortened down and illustrated.
About the Book: Hans Christian Andersen’s tragic tale of naive greed and dissatisfaction is retold through the striking and contemporary illustrations of Finnish illustrator Sanna Annukka. Cloth-bound in rich forest green, with gold foil embellishments, The Fir Tree is elevated from a children’s book to a unique work of art and makes an ideal gift for people of all ages.
My Thoughts: I couldn't wait to read this little book. I had never read the story before but it's basically every teenagers life. Can't wait to grow up to be an adult and do adult things and miss out and not appreciate their teenage years. I was one of those teenagers that couldn't wait to do what I wanted and to make my own rules and do my own thing.
The art in this book was so amazing and beautiful. I love the kind of design and you didn't have to read the story to get the gist of what the author was trying to say. I got through this little book in 20 minutes, and gave a summary to Cayce and he thought it was morbid.
About the Author: Hans Christian Andersen (1805—75) was born in Odense, Denmark, the son of a poor shoemaker, who nonetheless was a great reader, made a toy-theatre for his son and taught him to notice every natural wonder as they walked in the woods together on Sundays. He published his first novel and his first fairy tales in 1835; thereafter he wrote over 150 more of these stories which have become classics in many languages.
I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment