Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Review: Crimson Death by Laurell K. Hamilton

I have finally gotten to the last book so far in this series and I am excited. I wasn't exactly happy with my library because they didn't have a physical copy, only audiobooks and ebooks. I read the ebook and it was weird.
(Source: Crimson Death Goodreads Page)

I gave this book a 4 out of 5 stars. My reasoning is that I really enjoyed the story actions. What I didn't like is that it's summarized all about Ireland, when in truth, the characters don't really go to Ireland until the second half of the book.

The first half is just Anita and every one else still whining about relationships and finding out which tiger they want to marry for their commitment ceremony. Edward is in Ireland because Ireland's vampires have been let loose in Dublin. There are a lot of reasons thrown around for that and we get to see a lot more of Damian because his master is in Ireland. They call he She-Who-Made-Him, and the author references Harry Potter. Damian is having nightmares and vampires aren't supposed to dream and sleep. He is not dying. Asher comes back and begs Anita, Damian and Nathaniel not to go to Ireland and basically apologizes to everyone because he is no longer happy in a monogamous relationship with Kane.

The 2nd half of the book is basically the conversation going back an forth on if you find the vampire, don't kill them. They meet the Fey, fairies. We lose another beloved tiger, who we find out some major things. Anita of course gets kidnapped and gets dressed in lingerie. Nathaniel loses his long unrealistic braid.

The one thing I love, is that the author toned down the repeat sex. There is only one sex scene and it was enough for the story. What I didn't love was the amount of grammatical errors, but the author apparently has a reason for all her mistakes and that is her dog's death.

I am ready to see what the next book is about, but I need a long break from this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...