Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Review: Dead Ice by Laurell K. Hamilton


Almost done with this series and I am happy. This is book 24. I have mixed feelings about this one. I liked it because it kept me interested. Anita was back to her roots, doing zombie work. But, this story had so many plot lines. I also got irritated that when it was at a really good scene, the author ruined it by deviating and going on tangents by describing clothes and hair lengths in great detail and then getting back to the point.

The start of the book, Anita is called in by the police because someone is putting out zombie porn videos and the zombies look life like. That's the first 5% of the book. A good chunk of this book, is all about her relationships and marriage and her being a pain in the ass. Showing her ass and having sex once or twice. Anita is no longer a realistic character for me. The author is wanting to put all these ideas in, but has forgotten to make her realistic. Anita going on two hours of sleep and only eating a protein bar or two and then working out in the gym, having rough sex, police work. Over and over, we know that Anita is not "human" because the author stresses it about 500 times in every book. The lycanthropes are more normal than she is.

I am just about sick of Asher and wished that Anita would just end him already. I want her to stand up to Jean-Claude and give him an ultimatum about Asher. Get rid of him, punish him or I will and you will not be happy. She claims to be a bad ass but she is powerless against Jean-Claude.

I also want to know why so many of the good characters from the beginning of the series are no longer being written. Like Dolph or the were-leopard Cherry. We don't hear zilch about Anita's munin or about Raina. There was a brief mention of it in this one and realized they were just gone out of the equation.

Laurell K. Hamilton is adding so many characters that it is getting out of control, and I would just like to have one book where we have some more of the leopard pard other than just Micah and Nathaniel. I want to know something new about the were wolf pack. I want to know what happened to Rafael at the end of this book because all we know is that he was still in the hospital recovering and that's it. We have no idea who was trying to take him out, it was just left there like so many open plot holes this series has and has never been closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...