This post is sort of on time, but still a day late. I had a lot going on yesterday and I was only able to get the pictures drafted. We had company last night and an intense Nerf gun battle ensued. It was fun. Samantha also cooked again last night and it was delicious!
Monday: No Pictures! I let them chose how they wanted the day to go. They wanted a science day. So, we watched Netflix. They watched 72 cutest animals, and they learned more about baby polar bears an moose. They then watched more Bill Nye the Science Guy. I cant wait for next Thursday, when Netflix releases his new show. We ended the day with reading more of Friendship According to Humphrey
Tuesday: I remembered to take pictures today!!!! They had morning work and we went straight into reading The BFG. They love this story and they wanted to draw their own pictures. From the small amount of pictures they saw in the book, they did these drawings from their own imaginations. They did so well, and they loved the whizzpoppers...lol.
Then I split them up, an let Samantha do Reading Eggs first while Ariana did some reading time. After that hour, we read two more chapters of The Penultimate Peril by Lemony Snicket. I cannot believe we are on book 11 of A Series Of Unfortunate Events. The girls are still enjoying it, but are getting sad that it is almost over. After those two chapters, they ended the day with Sammy doing reading time, and Ariana working on some Reading Eggs lessons.
Wednesday: We finally finished our Daniel Boone unit and our next history unit is slavery, which is an uncomfortable topic for me to talk about out loud. It really depresses me and it's a constant reminder everyday of our racist world. I will talk about it though because it should be addressed and that it was seriously wrong. The girls know some about it already from our trip to Fort Moultrie last year, to even watching Ghost Adventures. We will be starting that unit next week. We started our spelling unit back up. They wanted to put the words in alphabetical order willingly, and that made me happy.
We read more of the BFG and watched another Netflix show called the Wild Ones. We ended the day with reading more of Friendship According to Humphrey.
Thursday: We started the day with finishing the book Friendship According to Humphrey. They love those little books and I am having a tough time trying to figure out if I am going to continue reading the books during the summer, or pick up next school year. I am leaning more towards the summer. After we finished the book, they had their reading time. We then started a new science unit on Energy. We watched several YouTube videos on Energy and then watched a Bill Nye episode on Energy.
They reviewed spelling words for 20 minutes and to end the day we read two more chapters of The Penultimate Peril. We are taking our time reading this book, because we are not ready to finish this series. We are also impatiently waiting for season 2 of A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix!!!
Friday: We had a little late start to the day, but it was worth it to lay in bed an extra 20 minutes. Cayce had a fishing tournament for his work today. Every year on Good Friday, his company has a fishing tournament to celebrate the holiday. Cayce didn't win, but we do have a freezer full of fish now.. YUM! Anyways, we started our day off with workbooks. Ariana worked in hers while Samantha did reading time, and then they switched after an hour.
We finished reading the BFG, and we had to watch the movie that they had just released on Netflix. It was such a cute little movie, but the girls did not like how the movie ended so differently from the book!! They are starting to get the book to movie adaptation hesitation. While watching the movie, I had to snap a picture of miss Luna snoozing.
For supper, Sammy cooked Meatballs and Rice. It was delicious, and the post will be coming next week. It is already drafted and I will be working on it next.
We are almost done with the school year. We will be having our final scheduled day off for the year next week to celebrate Samantha's 8th birthday. I can't believe my oldest is turning 8. I graduated high school 8 years ago!! AAHH!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2
I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...











No comments:
Post a Comment