The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly from the Caffeinated Reviewer.
I honestly don't know how to feel about this past week. It was a good productive week, but it just flew by and I can't wrap my head around it. My daughters had their annual checkups on Tuesday and they got their required shots. We did some shopping later that day and bought some books. I almost never buy books at full price, but I did this week and it was a shock at the register. It was also a decent summer school week if I think about it. Didn't get as much done as we should have.
We have also been dealing with more storms. There have been severe thunderstorms and getting pitch black outside with thunder that shakes the house. My garden is getting a good drink from all the rain and my first batch of strawberries are turning red.
I took part in a spontaneous readathon this week. It is called the Weekathin and it is part of the Readathin which is a month long readathon. The Weekathin has challenges and a 24 hour reading challenge. I had a lot of fun and read a book that was not on my monthly TBR. The video for my TBR is down below. If you are not subscribed to my Youtube channel, I would appreciate the support.
The books I bought at Target on Tuesday. Catwoman and The Hill We Climb is for my 12 year old daughter.
This week was the end of the first season of Loki and I was a little let down by the show. I was confused through most of it and the scientific terms about the timeline and the variants. I didn't care about the Time Keepers of the TVA. I did enjoy learning that Loki is gender fluid and bisexual. Out of the three Marvel shows this year, this one has to be on the bottom.
My husband recently got a new iphone and he was given a one year free subscription to apple tv plus. I have been taking advantage and watching some shows and movies that I have been hearing amazing things about. I learned about Long Way Up from a Youtuber I watch and I love Ewan McGregor and Long Way Round was the first documentary where they travel the world on motorcycles starting from London and going to New York. They travel through Ukraine, Mongolia and Russia and I binged the series in 2-3 days. I am currently on episode 8 of Long Way Down where they travel from Scotland all the way to Cape Town, South Africa. I highly recommend and I have the book that is a companion to Long Way Round on hold at my library.
MY BOOKTUBE VIDEO THIS WEEK
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A FUN, SAFE, RELAXING, AND PRODUCTIVE WEEK!!
I need to lock myself in and watch the six-episodes of Loki! Ugh. The readathin sounds fun!
ReplyDeleteI rarely buy books at full price either but will splurge occasionally. Honestly, I rarely buy anything at full price lol. Happy reading!
ReplyDeleteThe last time I bought books at a bookstore at full price I think I definitely had sticker shock lol!
ReplyDeleteThe Nature of Witches looks good!