Sunday, October 31, 2021

HAPPY HALLOWEEN & Goodreadance 2021 Goals// SUNDAY POST #15


 The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly from The Caffeinated Book Reviewer

Happy Halloween everyone. This is my favorite holiday of the year and the lead up to it and the decorations make me happy. This week was an exciting one where my two older girls were getting their stuff packed for a weekend with their girl scout troop. It was a weird weekend for my husband and I as we went from having three kids demanding our attention to only our youngest who will hopefully be joining girl scouts next year if she wants too. But I do miss my girls and can't wait to go pick them up after their party later today. I will also be sharing my Goodreadance goals for November. I am way behind but I have been clearing my goodreads shelves throughout September and October, but this just holds me more accountable to do it more than once a month. I am also answering this week's book blogger hop question that is hosted weekly by Coffee Addicted Writer.

What is Goodreadance?

 1. It is a challenge hosted by Shut Up, Shealea.  Spring Cleaning Challenge 2.0: Decluttering with a Vengeance - Shut up, Shealea (shutupshealea.com)

2. It runs from September to November

3. Sorting and organizing your Goodreads shelves

4. Removing books that you are no longer interested in

5. Updating star ratings

6. Writing reviews for books you have read.


MY GOODREADS GOALS:

1. DECLUTTER MY TBR SHELF: When I started in 2015, I added every book I saw to my shelf. I regret doing that and my shelf currently has 3,507 books. I have been going through 1-2 pages and just deleting books left and right and doing maybe 200-300 at a time. My target number for the end of November is to have it at 2,250. 

2. ORGANIZE MY READ BOOKS INTO YEAR SHELVES: I started this goal this week where I click on my Read shelf and then just start editing my review of that book and putting it on a shelf with the year I finished it. This is a very tedious task that will probably not be done by the end of November, but I do want to have most of it completed by the end of the year. 

3. RATING UPDATES: While I was planning some of my end of the year youtube videos, I needed to count how many five star books I had read this year, and I had 28 five star reads. I was really overwhelmed by that number and it got me thinking about those books and I actually dropped my ratings on a good handful of them because I rate right after I finish a book. Then when I take time to think about it, I either keep my rating or drop. I have read 113 books so far this year and plan on reading more in the next two months.

4. REVIEWS: I don't really write reviews of the books on Goodreads, I save them for this blog. I mainly put my reactions while updating while reading the book in my status updates and then how I am feeling after if I am really enjoying or hating the book. I want to continue that but for every book I read.


While making these Goodreads goals, I also made non Goodreads book goals for myself and daughters.



Monday: Blog Tour: The Bear House









The Outlaws Scarlett and Browne Blog Tour

October Monthly Wrap Up

Top Ten Tuesday

The Nature of Witches Review

The Picture of Dorian Gray Review  ( SPOILER: I LOVED THIS)

Tag Thursday: Netgalley Tag

The Bone Houses Review



I bought the Edgar Allen Poe Complete Tales and Poems which is a damn brick and weapon and the other three were sent by Holiday House for blog tour spots that are linked above.

 MY BOOKTUBE VIDEOS THIS WEEK



Have a great first week of November!!!



I have read books on Halloween. I am currently reading The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert, but last year I read a creepy middle grade out loud to my kids.

I highly recommend this to any aged reader. It is based on Malaysian mythology folklore and it was spooky and heartbreaking. 



2 comments:

  1. That Goodreadance project sounds like so much fun!! I love cleaning up my Goodreads shelves and stuff. I need to bookmark your post so I can refer back to it.

    ReplyDelete

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...