This is the first book of the Anita Blake series. I read this book back in 2007 from Nicky. It was my junior year of high school and I was into vampires thanks to the Twilight series. Yea, the books are amazing, but the movies are OK. Anyways, I had to read this book again because I missed some really important stuff and also I want to finish the series.
I bought this book, my senior year of high school when Cayce and I got our first ever credit card. This was the first time, that I read my copy, after years of owning it.
The story is about Anita Blake. She is a vampire slaying, zombie raising bad-ass. Yes there are zombies in it too, along with were-rats, were-wolves, vampire junkies, and humans. All of it takes place in St. Louis and there is a law making vampires legal citizens and can't be killed off.
Anita is an animator. She raises the dead. It's her day job. She is also called the Executioner by the vampires because she is the go to person for the police to kill the malicious vampires. She has more aquaintences than enemies, but more enemies than friends. She is bonded with a master vampire named Jean-Claude.
Jean-Claude is third in line to being the master vampire of the city, but the current master vampire is Nikolaos, who is over a 1000 years old and is hard to kill. Phillip is a vampire junkie who ends up getting his throat torn out and then raised as a zombie to be tortured and also to cause Anita emotionally pain.
I love this book. I fell in love with Phillip when I first read this and almost didn't read another book in this series because Phillip was gone. It is action packed and will have you turning pages and it's one of those where you know you have to stop but you can't. The only con I have about this, is that there are some long chapters and then some are just a page or two or just half a page.
There is a lot of violence in this novel, but there will be a major increase of sexual use in the later novels. So if that doesn't interest you, then I don't recommend this series, but if you are effected by that sort of thing, then go right ahead and read and you will not be disappointed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment