Monday, February 1, 2016

Strange Candy

I read 5 books last month. I have 5 of 50 books completed for my Goodreads challenge and I need to read another 55 for my personal challenge.

I started reading Laurell K Hamilton novels my junior year of high school. There was a new girl that started my school that year and she was goth and we instantly clicked. She loved to read, she always had a book in her hands. One day she was reading Guilty Pleasures, which is the first book of the Anita Blake series. That review is coming next week as I just finished it again tonight.

This book Strange Candy was listed on Goodreads as an Anita Blake 0.5, like a novella. It is not a novella but a collection of short stories, kind of like the authors ideas that she wrote before her Anita Blake series. The first and last short stories in the book are Anita Blake. The rest are just simply AMAZING. I would love for the second story to actually be published and have a series. It was about a gang of cupids that would become really aggresive if you hit a certain age and was not in a relationship and the two characters in that story were set up by their mothers to "fall in love" and at the end, it talks about revenge and leaves a cliff hanger.

It is all just fairy tale and fantasy. It has witches, demons, mythical creatures, magic, sexual violence. The author truly has a vivid imagination and I am so happy that Nicky, the goth girl who is now one of my very best friends got me hooked into this series. The series in general is mostly erotica. Way to advanced for me to read at 17, but my mom didn't know and now at 25... I am glad that I read through it so quick and missed a couple things.

Be on the lookout for my next review coming next week. If you have read anything by Laurell K Hamilton, leave me a comment and let's chat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...