Friday, February 5, 2016

School Week 25 Recap

This week has been so productive. I am starting to get that home school burnout where I just want to cancel and reschedule days, but I didn't. I pushed through.

Monday: We started at almost 11AM. I was so grouchy and the kids were not having it at all that morning and wanted to push all my buttons. They did morning work and went straight to puzzle while I got myself some breakfast. They always eat before we start school and I always eat mine during their quiet time or puzzle. I had Ariana work on words and Samantha worked on workbook pages. She spent a good hour and a half on it.


After Ariana got done writing a few pages of words, she went straight to computer work. She got two days worth of work done.



They ended the day with quiet time.

Tuesday: We had an early morning. We started an hour early, and they watched a movie. They watched Hachi: a dog's tale. They loved that movie and they didn't cry like Cayce and I. After, I had them summarize it for me and then they did some groundhog coloring pages.


After they did their coloring pages, they worked on the puzzle, and did quiet time.

Ariana finished her day with a micky mouse painting by water book and Samantha worked on her sight words.


Wednesday: It was a late start to the day. They started with their morning work and then I read them some library books.
Out of these three books, the Listen to my Trumpet was the favorite. They laughed so much. I let them have some crafty time, with Ariana doing some more in her painting book and Sammy played with some play-doh.


After that, they wanted to have some quiet time, and I read with them. Sammy is trying to get Airy to read some words out loud and she is doing such a great job. I am a proud mommy.
puzzle is almost finished

Ariana ended her day with computer work and Sammy worked in her workbooks.
O is for Octopus

Thursday: Ariana had a dentist appointment today to have her first cavity filled and so I started Samantha on school right after Airy left. Sammy started her morning off with watching The Lorax. Addy was whining because she couldn't go with Airy and she wanted Sammy, so she had a movie morning. She did her morning work and quiet time after. She then spent the rest of her day doing three days worth of computer work.
she had to follow directions.

this is what she had to do


she listened to the boy who cried wolf

Ariana got back around noon and immediately started her school work. She did workbooks after her morning work and quiet time. She did over 5 workbook pages and then went straight to doing the puzzle by herself, which she loved doing.

Airy working on some pages



she was happy to be doing this by herself. 

Airy finished her day by writing words, her handwriting is getting better.

Friday: I am so happy that today is the last day of the week. We started at regular time this morning. They spent a good hour working on birthday cards for Addy's birthday tomorrow.
They did quiet and puzzle time after. They argued with me about wanting to do separate puzzle times. We finished the day with watching Tinga Tinga Tales.
watching tinga tinga tales

Ariana was mid blink...lol

They did the same as lase time where after every episode we watched, they drew some pictures.
It has been a long but productive week. My home school burnout is slowly making its way to surface. It's getting crazy knowing that the end of the year is near.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...