Monday: We had a very late start to the morning. Cayce had the day off from work, so he participated in the school day. He taught the girls how to play Monopoly Junior. His favorite game is Monopoly, and when the girls get older, he wants to have family game nights with them.
They played for over two hours. They still need a lot more practice before they get to play grown-up monopoly. After the game, Samantha did Reading Eggs while Ariana did quiet time.
Samantha worked on mathseeds
After Ariana's hour was up on quiet time, I had to force Samantha off the computer because she didn't want to quit and let Ariana have her turn, but she eventually got off and did her quiet time. Ariana did her lessons 6-10 on map 1 in her Reading Eggs.
End of the first day of the week.
Tuesday: We started the day off with watching Wall-E. I finally got to use this website called Teach with Movies, and they had Wall-E on their list of movies. After the movie, Sammy did quiet time while Ariana did computer work.
she was cutting out her yellow and gold vulture
pretty Victoria the Vulture
When they switched Sammy didn't want to do computer work, she wanted to do Reading Eggs and I shut that down because she needed to do other computer work. Ariana finished the day with quiet time.
playing a math game for her Easy Peasy lessons
Wednesday: No School!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMANTHA!
Thursday: Started the morning with morning work and chores and Samantha put together the box of Legos I got her while Ariana did quiet time and Reading Eggs and computer work.
Ariana doing her quiz after she completed Map 1 on her Reading Eggs.
She got a 100%
Sammy putting together her new Legos
Ariana working on a lesson on Map 2
After Sammy was done with her Legos and she put them away, Ariana was getting tired of computer work and she finished her day with workbooks while Sammy did her quiet time and then went to work on her Reading Eggs.
Sammy is slowly getting better at doing it by herself and not needing my help. She is really hesitant to do something new herself and needs reassurance but once she gets it, she flies through it.
Friday: We had a late start to the day because Cayce wanted time with the girls outside before he went to work, so they walked on our trail in the woods on our property. But we started the day with another movie, The Lego Movie. After, it was morning work and reading.
Sammy reluctantly did quiet time and we had an argument about it because she didn't want to do it. Whatever kid, what I say goes. Ariana did lessons 14-17. That is a lot. She ended her day with quiet time.
Samantha did 3 lessons today and had minimal trouble. She is getting much better.
she blew me away on this one.
That is the end of this school week. I am so excited that I found something they enjoy, but I am kind of mad that I didn't try to use this sooner. During the weekend, and I am going to see if I can get them finished with their current maps and start new ones for next week. I want to try to get them to complete two maps next week. I want them to do as much as they can before our free trial ends.




























No comments:
Post a Comment