Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Sub Station 2 Review

Growing up, Sub Station 2 was the shit. It was one of the main restaurants in my hometown along with the old timey Hilltop Cafe. A few years ago, my town's sub station 2 closed because it was losing money thanks to the losers that were giving away free food to their friends. I was devastated because I would always get turkey clubs and they ALWAYS made the best cold cuts with a lot of oil and vinegar and salt and pepper. The local Subway has been a suitable disappointment. But, I was told that the next town over, there is a Sub Station 2 where another one of my favorite restaurants used to be. I sent Cayce to get me a turkey club only to find out that they don't make turkey clubs..... WHAT??????????

I got my hopes up, but the kind employees made me a sandwich with all of the fixings that go on a turkey club, not the same, but fucking DELICIOUS! I went back two days later to do this post because I wanted to review them.

The slogan is very misleading... you would think more means specialty and specialty is turkey clubs since it isn't on the menu, but whatever. I love the sandwiches. They are delicious, BUT, the prices are absolutely crazy. The first sandwich I got was a 6 inch and I paid close to 7 dollars. It had bacon on it and they charged me a 1.69 for two slices....WTF! The second time, I got a footlong. I got the same fixings on it. It was over 12 dollars. They didn't charge me for bacon this time.
So this half of my sandwich was 6 dollars. 

I am going to be going to another sub station a little farther away to see if they make turkey clubs, and if they don't, then I will be coming here for a splurge dinner. 12 dollars for just a sandwich is ridiculous! #deliciouslyexpensive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...