(Source: Cerulean Sins Goodreads Page)
So, to start this review off, I was lost throughout the entirety of this book. It jumps into action mode within the first chapter. Anita is at her job, Animators, Inc, and she has a client that wants her to raise his ancestor that is over hundreds of years old. She is also being followed by assassins who want to recruit her or kill her. She changes her zombie raising ritual to not include animal sacrifice and the zombie comes out looking like a crap zombie.
She is quickly thrown into another dilemma where Musette, a vampire close to Belle Morte makes an early visit. Belle Morte is the originator of Jean-Claude and the other vampires in her bloodline. Her powers are seduction and she is deluded into thinking that she is the most beautiful woman ever. She loves her men to death. She feeds off sex, hint the ardeur. She wants to punish Jean-Claude and take everything that belongs to him, including Anita and everything that belongs to her, now belongs to Belle Morte in her deluded mind. That means the were-wolves, and the were-leopards.
The last big hurrah in this story is that she must help the police find a shape shifting serial killer/ rapist. Her mentor on the police side is going throw personal issues and is throwing it all onto Anita and their work relationship and friendship and the trust all goes down the drain. I have always loved Dolph's character and I really hate the path that the author has written for him.
I want to include a major spoiler, but I have already said too much but it's about the mother vampire!!! There I am done with this review. This wasn't my favorite of the series. I had trouble keeping up with it. This is the second time I read it and I don't think I will be picking it back up in my future.
I am going to be doing a whole week of book reviews at the end of the month. I am trying to catch up.

No comments:
Post a Comment