Monday, June 27, 2016

Black 21 and Rose's Sin Review

This review will be on a full book and the prequel to that novel. The 1st book I will be reviewing is Black 21, book 1 in the Golden Hills Legacy. I got this book last year for review and just never got around to it, and I finally had time to review it and after I read it, I was kicking myself for not reading it sooner. It was interesting and it kept my attention.

Black 21 is about a girl named Daisy. She goes to live with her aunt and uncle for the summer because she had a terrible life changing experience.. I will get into that later. She is having problems with her cousin, who was involved with the above mentioned experience and she doesn't know it was him.

Her aunt and uncle introduce her to Christian, a young guy who needs a date for his 21st birthday ball. He is a well known figure in the community and she is pressured by her aunt and uncle to agree to this date. She goes to all these pre-party events with Christian that are for Christian and that's when she starts noticing strange things going on. The party goers scream Hail Christian and bow whenever he walks by.... yea weird right.

Now this community is a big satanist cult. SHOCKER!!! And on Christians 21st birthday, he will be taking over the whole town. I want to leave some of the plot off this review because I don't want to give anymore of the good stuff away. I will mention Jack who is basically the devil incarnate and he is boss of the whole thing. He rapes, tortures, invades privacy, and kills. There is of course girl drama and love triangle or love squares(4 sides)..

She also learns alot about where she came from, why she was born and who is not family and who is. There is a book 2 in the series that is based around Daisy and Christian's daughter... I can't wait to read that one.

This next book is the prequel to Black 21 called Rose's Sin.

This book is about Daisy's mother and all the events leading up to her death. Daisy's mother is named Rose. She marries a guy named Richard who is an attorney and monster. He makes a deal with Jack. He wants Jack to help him become partner at his law firm in exchange for raping and terrorizing Rose. Rose and Richard sleep in separate rooms and Jack visits Rose every night.

Rose is very religious and starts wearing a cross necklace which keeps Jack away. She gets the necklace from a priest who she falls in love with. Eventually this was Jack's plan all along for Rose to sleep with someone pure and to have the power of God in them. Now if you figured out by now, she gets pregnant which is what Jack wanted all along.

To know what happens next, you will have to read it. I usually stay away from prequels because they aren't long enough and I always want more. This book made me anxious and ready for book 2. I am hoping that the author has more books coming out for the series. This series would make an awesome TV show on AMC or HBO. I wouldn't want to see it as a movie because they would cut so much out that is important to the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...