Sunday, June 26, 2016

Incubus Dreams Review

Back in high school, this was the last book I read in this series. I am excited that I have re-read it and ready to FINALLY move on with the rest of these books. I am happy that the next book after this one is short and basically a novella type. This novel was the 12th installment of the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series and it was a long one, becoming the longest book I have read this year at 658 pages.


The story starts off with Anita being at her day job. She has been requested to raise a murder victim, which is a BIG NO-NO in the animating world. Murdered people who get raised as zombies are uncontrollable and will look for the killer to kill them and anyone who gets in that zombies way will be dead too. The mother of the teenage boy who was murdered becomes crazy and starts to attack Anita, so Anita does what she always does and she pulls out her gun and aims at the psychotic woman. The husband gets angry and then he starts attacking Anita. Eventually Anita agrees to assist the police in locating the murderer, but not to raise their son.

Next, Anita learns that she can partially control the ardeur by getting power from other's lust. We also learn that the link between Richard, Anita and Jean-Claude has given them new personality traits. Richard has more anger thanks to Anita, Jean-Claude has permission from Anita to feed off his patrons lust.

We are also introduced to a new asshole vampire named Prim who basically wants to take over Jean-Claude's role of Master of the City. We also learn that Malcolm, the leader of the Church of Eternal Life, has not been giving the blood oath initiation to his followers which leads to some of the vampires not obeying his rules. There was a master vampire named Vittorio among the followers and he would have some of his vampire friends go with him to strip clubs, which is a NO-NO in the church rules, and they would kill a stripper and leave them in plain sight. A stripper gets taken hostage and of course, Anita goes and saves the hostage, kills the master and his minions and some po-po's get killed in the process.

I would go into more detail but, I have spoiled enough of this for you and if you want to know more, then you just have to read the book.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...